Saturday, April 25, 2009

Writing: Building a Character

Okay so if you know me, you know that I like to write. Welll I just thought that i'd make a little post today trying to help people I guess to build a character in the story that they're writing. Okay so you probably already know that a good main character is crucial to a good story. People probably won't continue to read the book if the character is dull, or even if there's no character at all. You want to make sure this character has good traits and a good way to let people see how it is through the character's eyes. Ask yourself questions about it: what does he/she like to eat? Drink? What are their hobbies? What do they do in their spare time? What do they think like? What's their physical appearence? What is their attitude like? How OLD are they? After you've built your character, YAY!! Another thing you wanna do is think about the dialog you'll use when this character communicates with other people. I know my advice isn't the best in the world, but thanks for reading anyway!

1 comment:

Renee said...

LOL you do like to write! you need to let me read some of your stories